Suggestions for reading, teaching, and pondering the Qur’an in Ramadan
We should reveive Ramadan with a sincere repentance to Allah, and with a strong
determination of doing acts of obediance and avoiding objectional acts and acts of disobediance.
As for those who receive Ramadan by following TV series, then they should fear Allah and determine to leave it in fear of their fast going in vain, with no reward, in addition to many other bad effects.
The greatest way to receive Ramadan, the month of Qur’an, without doubt, is the renewal of our relationship with the Qur’an.
The following are some suggestions regarding reading, auditioning (Iqraa’), and pondering over the Qur’an, praying that Allah benefits others by it:
1. Read, listen and ponder the Qur’an daily according to what is to follow: Write and memorise a daily schedule, arrange the time, and write down the daily accomplishment.
2. Perfect your reading and recitation of the Qur’an.
3. Read the Qur’an with tajwid and a good voice.
4. Review what you have memorized by yourself.
5. Review with those around you; your spouse, brother, sister, and friend.
7. If you are not able to memorize, then read from the Qur’an.
8. Listen to the reading of the elders in your or your relative’s house who are not good in their reading, and correcting their reading.
9. Follow up the reading of the elders in the masjid and other places and correct their recitation.
10. Ponder over the meanings of the Qur’an, by reading an abridged book on Tafsir.
11. Listen to lectures on tafsir.
12. Make it a goal to teach the Qur’an as “The best of you are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it.”
13. Try you best to act upon the Qur’an, one step at a time. May Allah give us Tawfiq to recite, contemplate and act upon the Qur’an.
14. Specifically to the Men, and youth, come early to the masjid and read Qur’an while waiting for the prayer, you will be able to be succesful by coming early to the jama’ah and reading Qur’an, thuse attaining its virtue.
I ask Allah to grant us all the Tawfiq to understand and act upon the Qur’an and Sunnah, and to accept from us all.